Saturday, January 31, 2009

Novel Writing Software

For any of fyou who were at our last meeting you know I had some frustrating moments with yWriter, the novel writing software I am using. This led to a search on the net for what else was out there. So then I found this Noveling Writing Software on the net. Its called New Novelist and it looked pretty good. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on it though. I wished they had a free trial online or something like that.

I looked at other ones too and this seemed to have great reviews. I ended up going to PC magazine reviews and discovered yWriter has a new version and they rate it highly. So I downloaded yWriter5. This time I found a users manual, user group and more. They answered a lot of my questions. So I decided to work with the free software for now. yWriter5 can be found here I also found that I could import my file from word directly to yWriter and it will put it into chapters and scenes automatically. That was pretty cool. You might want to check it out.

You might wonder do you need to use something like this. For me I discovered all the different characters and locations etc in my novel started getting confusing. This software helps me to organize it all well. It even has a storyboard and you can move scenes around easily. Also by now I have made all the mistakes with it that you can so I can help anyone get started with it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Best writing software

    ReplyDelete